Thursday, July 8, 2010

My First English Song

BURNIN'

By Umair I Khan for K-Oz


(verse)
As I walk down this road of life,
Listening to people and their lies;

Lookin' back at the good old days,
All seems lost in smoky haze;

I can't stop livin' in the past,
Nostalgia will haunt me for as long as I last;

Why did it all have to end?
Why can't I just make ammends?

When we were young our hearts were full of joy,
Laughing, not crying over broken toys;

(chorus)
But now I'm Burnin', burnin' with desire,
Burnin', burnin' in this fire;

Burnin', burnin' in my hate,
Burnin', giving up to fate!

(verse)
I'm tryin' to get rid of the memories,
Will somebody shoot my brains out please?

'Cause this life can't be better than hell,
It actually attracts me to the Bottomless Well;

When all your friends turn into foes,
N' you're the jerk everyone ignores;

You know it was you but you can't turn time,
N' your guilt turns into the ugliest of rhymes;

That's when you remember how glad you once were,
But glee can be lost, to you, it never occured;

(chorus)
That's why I'm Burnin', burnin' with desire,
Burnin' burnin in this fire;

Burnin', burnin' like lightening,
Talkin' with all my teeth grinding;

(bridge)
Now this burnin' is gettin' on my nerves,
All this hatred, I don't really deserve;

Whatever happened, I too need a life,
Why don't all of you just stab me with a blunt knife?

This pain is killin' me slowly anyway,
Everyone I know keeps pushin' me away;

Why did it have to happen to me?
My life is worse than third degree;

Things, it seems, will never be better,
With me, it seems, everyone has a personal vendetta;

(verse)
But what the heck, this life ain't really worth it,
So all those who hate me, can take their hate and shove it;

'Cause I ain't gonna let my guilt make me sick,
Even the court said it was an accident;

How could I kill him, he was my friend,
It just happened 'cause that's the way it was supposed to end;

I didn't push him, but we did collide,
Just as easily even I could'a died;

The cliff was steep 'n I was scared,
But to save his life, none of the others dared;

(chorus)
So I ain't Burnin', burnin' anymore,
Burnin', burnin' from the core;

I'm Shinin', shinin' like a star,
But from the burnin', I will remain scarred!

1 comment: