Thursday, April 9, 2009

My personal favourite self created poetic work

WHAT’S IN YOUR HEAD?

By Umair Ishaq Khan

Why do you sit so lonely here?

Do you really think that no one cares?

It is a fact that we are all born alone,

But isn’t there anyone you can call your own?

Wounds get worse if left unattended,

Look out your draped window, life hasn’t ended;

You have much to look forward to, don’t give up yet,

There are many joys in life you haven’t met;

Take a chance on me, I might be of help,

And give you the warmth you never felt;

Speak up now, there’s nothing I haven’t heard,

No one will ever know, I give you my word;

I might not see life as you see it,

But sharing with me won’t hurt a bit;

Rest assured I’ll try my best,

To take this load right off your chest;

Of your troubles, you can make me a part,

The peace you couldn’t find in your own, might lie in my heart;

I know it’s hard to trust your luck now,

That His blessings on you God will ever bestow;

But sooner or later you will realize,

That the joys of the world will one day shine in your eyes;

It pains me to know that your whole life,

Was just one never ending strife;

But now all my time is just for you,

To make up for everything that I could never do;

I’m sorry I was never there for you, my son,

But I was only earning for you, what could I have done?


Today, as my car collided with that truck,

I prayed to God for just one last turn of luck;

Now that I can never get off this bed,

Please son, tell me what’s in your head!

No comments:

Post a Comment